Paddle Alberta Instructor price: $10
$10 PA Membership fee must be paid on the Paddle Canada website when you renew your Annual PC Instructor Membership.
Access to subsidized Paddle Canada Certification and Professional Development Clinics
Clinics will be advertised on our Events Calendar and by Instructor E-Newsletters.
Instructor Certification Upgrade Subsidy
For a current certified Paddle Alberta Instructor Member, who has been a member for one full year, to assist in attaining and maintaining a higher level of instructor certification and skills.
The subsidy is 50% of courses costs up to maximum of $300 per instructor per calendar year.
To earn credit to qualify for this grant, you must complete at least ONE volunteer task from any of the following:
- Attendance at one Paddle Alberta General Meeting in Red Deer.
- Volunteer for local paddling club/org/program and submit to Paddle Alberta their signed letter summarizing your volunteer commitment.
- Hold a position on Paddle Alberta Executive or Committee
- Volunteer for one volunteer shift at a Paddle Alberta Casino (next one is Fall/winter 2019 in Edmonton)
- Complete one paddling-related volunteer task, with pre-approved permission of Paddle Alberta. (If you need suggestions, just ask.)
Approved courses for Upgrade Subsidy are:
- Paddle Canada Instructor level certification and Paddle Canada skills courses (except River Kayak Instructor — contact Alberta Whitewater Association for this)
- Swift Water Rescue nationally-recognized certification or non certification courses taught by certified instructors as required prerequisite for/Paddle Canada Instructor certification.
- Wilderness First Aid Certification courses as required prerequisite for Paddle Canada Instructor certification.
- Leave No Trace Master Educator or Trainer certification courses taught by a certified LNT instructor.
Instructor must complete and submit to Paddle Alberta a Paddle Alberta Instructor Certification Upgrade Subsidy Application Form with receipt(s) by November 1st of each year to receive reimbursement. Contact the PA Office to apply.