2016/17 Paddle Alberta Member Matching Funds Program
The 2016/17 Paddle Alberta Member Matching Funds Program offers an opportunity for Paddle Alberta organizational members to develop their recreational paddling programs with earned credit-based matching funds from Paddle Alberta . Your organization can decide how to allot its earned funds within the eligible paddling-related choices of: equipment, building/facility and instructor development certification. ONE total grant is offered during the “casino time period 2016/17.” This is not an annual grant.
How to Apply:
PLEASE READ the important details in the following document:
- Review the Matching Grant funds available on your orgs online profile. It contains an Informationconfirming the sum of grant money your club has earned, since our Noember 2015 Casino and, what is available to your club for this year.
- Complete the Application Form and send it to Paddle Alberta by June 1, 2016. Receive email permission from Paddle Alberta to proceed with purchases as per your application.
Complete the Final Report Form and submit it to Paddle Alberta with your receipts by November 1, 2016 for receipts dated in 2016.
For the 2016/17 casino time period, Paddle Alberta Member Club X has potentially earned:
|How To Earn Credit-Based Matching Funds For Your Organization Through Your Participation in Paddle Alberta :|
|Credit $500 per current Paddle Alberta Member organization per 2014/15 casino time period. It is conditional on attendance at ONE Paddle Alberta annual general meeting.
Required attendance at 2016 AGM to receive funds in 2016 for receipts dated in 2016 or at the 2017 AGM to receive funds in 2017 for receipts dated in 2017.
|Credit $500 per Paddle Alberta Board or Executive position per 2016/17 casino time period.|
|Credit $200 per Paddle Alberta Board or Executive Committee position per 2016/17 casino time period|
|Credit $200 per 2015 Paddle Alberta Casino volunteer shift per 2016/17 casino time period.|
|Potential total matching funds earned for your organization for 2016/17. (To receive matching funds, your organization must spend an equal sum which does not include 5% GST. For example, to receive the full $500 grant your receipt(s) must total $1050 or more.)||TOTAL: $500.00|
Eligible Category Details for Matching Funds Program for Paddle Alberta Members:
(Note Commercial Members and Individual Instructor Members ARE eligible ONLY for Instructor Development Certification fund category below.)
- Equipment: specialized paddling-related equipment such as canoes, kayaks, paddling accessories (i.e. paddle, PFD, throw bag, safety equipment)
- Building/Facility: paddling-related building/facility development or upgrade.
- Instructor Development Certification: expenses directly related to providing any Paddle Alberta /Paddle Canada Instructor Certification courses, nationally recognized Water Rescue Safety courses and first aid courses required as prerequisites for PC and Paddle Alberta Instructor courses.
Note: This does not include funds for River Kayaking Instructor courses. Please contact the Alberta Whitewater Association for river kayaking instructor course grants.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Email Paddle Alberta.
Looking for Maps, Books or DVD's?
Whether you’re looking for Alberta river or lake maps, or even a Guide for Alberta Paddlers, we have everything you need to get started on your next paddling adventure.