Instructor Member Fees and Benefits
|Membership Type:||Individual Instructor||Individual|
|Membership Fee/Year||Paddle Alberta Certified Instructor
$30 for 1 year or
($10 1 year rate for current Paddle Canada instructors)
|$30 or $10|
|Voting @ General Meetings||1 for all||1 for all|
|Meal — General Meetings||YES||YES|
|Maximum $s for Credit-based support||50% of courses costs to max $300/person/year, to current Paddle Alberta Instructor Member holding membership for 1 full year prior to applying. *For details & application see below.||$0|
*Instructor Certification Upgrade Subsidy:
- For a current certified Paddle Alberta Instructor Member, who has been a member for one full year, to assist in attaining and maintaining a higher level of instructor certification and skills.
- The subsidy is 50% of courses costs up to maximum of $300 per instructor per calendar year.
- To earn credit to qualify for this grant, you must complete at least ONE volunteer task from any of the following:
- attendance at one Paddle Alberta General Meeting in Red Deer.
- volunteer for local paddling club/org/program and submit to Paddle Alberta their signed letter summarizing your volunteer commitment.
- hold a position on Paddle Alberta Executive or Committee (the committees are fun and easy to join)
- volunteer for one volunteer shift at a Paddle Alberta Casino (next one is Fall/winter 2017 in Calgary)
- complete one paddling-related volunteer task, with pre-approved permission of Paddle Alberta. (If you need suggestions, just ask.)
- Instructor must complete and submit to Paddle Alberta a Paddle Alberta Instructor Certification Upgrade Subsidy Application Form with receipt(s) by November 1st of each year to receive reimbursement.
Approved courses for Upgrade Subsidy are:
- Paddle Canada Instructor level certification and Paddle Canada skills courses (except River Kayak Instructor — contact Alberta Whitewater Association for this)
- Swift Water Rescue nationally-recognized certification or non certification courses taught by certified instructors as required prerequisite for/Paddle Canada Instructor certification.
- Wilderness First Aid Certification courses as required prerequisite for Paddle Canada Instructor certification.
- Leave No Trace Master Educator or Trainer certification courses taught by a certified LNT instructor.